Wrongful termination is more common than you would expect. Here are a few questions you should ask yourself to figure out of your termination was illegal.
- Was I forced to quit because I reported sexual harassment?
- Was I terminated on account of my race?
- Was I terminated for requesting workers' compensation?
- Was I terminated for taking family leave?
- Have I been terminated for seeking salaries owed to me?
If you were dismissed after blowing the whistle on criminal activities at work, such as safety breaches, theft, etc., you may have been wrongfully fired.
If you file a wrongful termination case collecting documents including salary stubs, work arrangements, corporate practices, plans, etc. would be in your best interest. Such paperwork will help validate your case and act as useful evidence.
Without an expert opinion, knowing that you were the target of wrongful firing can be difficult. Discussing possible wrongful firing with an employment law attorney is usually a smart idea. To decide whether or not you have a solid case to file against your boss, your attorney may gather evidence about your firing.
- Can I Sue for Wrongful Termination in Georgia?
- Wrongful Termination By Position
- Wrongfully Terminated For Reporting Wage Theft
- Wrongfully Terminated Because of Racial Discrimination
- Wrongfully Terminated For Taking Protected Time Off
- Wrongfully Terminated Because of Religious Discrimination
- Wrongfully Terminated Due To Gender Discrimination
- Wrongfully Terminated Due To Pregnancy
- Wrongfully Terminated From Job As A Home Healthcare Worker
- Wrongfully Terminated From Job As A Service Technician
- Wrongfully Terminated as a Mechanic
- Wrongfully Terminated Because I Hurt Myself At Work
- Wrongfully Terminated Because of My Disability
- Wrongfully Terminated After Taking Disability Leave
- Wrongfully Terminated After Reporting Sexual Harassment
- Wrongfully Terminated Due to Age
- Wrongfully Terminated Due To Workplace Retaliation
- Wrongfully Terminated For Refusing To Commit an Illegal Act
- Wrongfully Terminated For Taking Maternity Leave
- What To Do If You Think You Were Fired For Being Transgender
- What To Do If You Were Fired For Whistle Blowing
- What To Do If You Were Turned Down For A Job Because Of Your Sexual Orientation
- What To Do - Turned Down For A Job Because of Your Race